The breakdown of relations within a partnership or between the directors and shareholders of a company can, if left unchecked, lead to disagreements or at worst a situation which may be irreparable. We work with you to avoid such positions, at all stages of disagreements with the aim of preserving and/or extracting value for our clients.
We represent small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), private equity and venture capital firms, entrepreneurs, and investors in their capacity as partners, shareholders and directors. We also advise companies addressing internal disputes.
Our collective expertise encompasses a range of matters, including:
- unfair prejudice in respect of minority shareholders
- breaches of fiduciary duties
- challenging the appointment and removal of directors
- misappropriation of company assets
- disputes related to earn out and fraud
- dissolution and termination of partnerships, including related partnership disputes in relation to property and profit entitlements
- disguised dividends, excessive remuneration and uncommercial intra-group loans to other shareholders and directors