We act for private clients, individuals, family businesses and offices, trustees (both individuals and trust companies) and other fiduciaries. We pride ourselves on our strong relationships with our clients and our ability to work in partnership with them.
A large share of our work for our clients involves assets located in multiple jurisdictions, often held in private wealth structures offshore. We are able to draw on the firm’s international expertise and have close but independent ties with other firms in offshore jurisdictions. We regularly work as part of an international team, often coordinating to maintain a consistent strategy.
In respect of trusts, we advise on a range of matters, including:
- interpretation / construction / variation of trust deeds and ancillary documents
- appointment and removal of trustees, protectors and beneficiaries
- collection and recovery of trust assets
- disputed appointments of trust assets
- mistake and rectification actions
- s423 Insolvency Act claims for transactions at an undervalue
- breaches of trust and fiduciary duties
- Beddoe relief
In respect of private clients, we advise on a range of matters, including:
- applications to the Charity Commission,
- disputes involving historic properties and discussions with The National Trust,
- disputed family assets.